Use Coupon Code: SEASONS15 for a 15% discount on Mer-Sea
I got through Week 2 and I'm feeling so good. I have been learning the benefits of fasting, one of the components of FASTer Way to Fat Loss (FWTFL) program I'm doing. There are so many health benefits to it that I wanted to share it with you.
First of all, I'm not hungry when I'm fasting. This is largely because I do a pretty good job of getting all of my macronutrients into my day. There are a set number of carbs, protein and fat that I'm supposed to have to lose the amount of weight I want to lose. And through the app, My Fitness Pal, it easily tracks what I'm doing and how much I have left to eat.
When I'm fasting in the morning, I drink coffee and, and hunger is just not an issue. I eat from 12:00 noon to 8:00 p.m. and fast from 8:00 p.m. to noon the next day. They call it 16/8.
NOTE: It is recommended that when you fast, you do it with some guidance from a program or an expert, such as the Amanda Tress, the originator of FWTFL.
When you don't eat for a while, several things happen in your body. For example, your body initiates important cellular repair processes and changes hormone levels to make stored body fat more accessible.
So here they are! 10 Benefits to Intermittent Fasting:1. Intermittent Fasting Changes The Function of Cells, Genes and Hormones
When you fast, insulin levels drop and human growth hormone increases. Your cells also initiate important cellular repair processes and change which genes they express.
2. Intermittent Fasting Can Help You Lose Weight and Belly FatIntermittent fasting helps you eat fewer calories, while boosting metabolism slightly. It is a very effective tool to lose weight and belly fat.3. Intermittent Fasting Can Reduce Insulin Resistance, Lowering Your Risk of Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes has become incredibly common in recent decades. Intermittent fasting can reduce insulin resistance and lower blood sugar levels, at least in men.
4. Intermittent Fasting Can Reduce Oxidative Stress and Inflammation in The Body
Oxidative stress is one of the steps towards aging and many chronic diseases.Studies show that intermittent fasting can reduce oxidative damage and inflammation in the body. This should have benefits against aging and development of numerous diseases.5. Intermittent Fasting May be Beneficial For Heart Health
Heart disease is currently the world's biggest killer.Studies show that intermittent fasting can improve numerous risk factors for heart disease such as blood pressure, cholesterol levels, triglycerides and inflammatory markers.
6. Intermittent Fasting Induces Various Cellular Repair ProcessesFasting triggers a metabolic pathway called autophagy, which removes waste material from cells.7. Intermittent Fasting May Help Prevent CancerIntermittent fasting has been shown to help prevent cancer in animal studies. One paper in humans showed that it can reduce side effects caused by chemotherapy.
8. Intermittent Fasting is Good For Your BrainWhat is good for the body is often good for the brain as well.Intermittent fasting may have important benefits for brain health. It may increase growth of new neurons and protect the brain from damage.9. Intermittent Fasting May Help Prevent Alzheimer's Disease
Alzheimer's disease is the world's most common neurodegenerative disease. There is no cure available for Alzheimer's, so preventing it from showing up in the first place is critical.A study in rats shows that intermittent fasting may delay the onset of Alzheimer's disease or reduce its severity (38Trusted Source).Studies in animals suggest that intermittent fasting may be protective against neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer's disease.
10. Intermittent Fasting May Extend Your Lifespan, Helping You Live Longer
One of the most exciting applications of intermittent fasting may be its ability to extend lifespan.Although this is far from being proven in humans, intermittent fasting has become very popular among the anti-aging crowd.Given the known benefits for metabolism and all sorts of health markers, it makes sense that intermittent fasting could help you live a longer and healthier life!
For more information or to sign up for FASTer Way to Fat Loss using my amazing coach, Deb Schneider, just click on this link.