Use Coupon Code: SEASONS15 for a 15% discount on Mer-Sea
April 15, 2020
I'm always looking for a way to use up our Honey Baked Ham after Easter, and I have to say this has been my favorite!
1 lb. Ham
32 oz. Corn
3 cloves Garlic
1 lb. Gold potatoes
1/2 c. Onion
4 c. Chicken broth, unsalted
2 T. Flour (whatever type you want)
1/4 t. Black pepper
1/4 t. Paprika
2 t. Salt
2 T. Butter, unsalted
1 c. Half and Half (optional)
It's as simple as starting with the butter and onions in your pan until the onions are translucent. Then add the garlic and a bit later add the paprika and salt and pepper.
Next, you add these ingredients according to directions and you're done! It's super nice that you can use any kind of corn you have, and it works. I doubled the recipe but didn't double the corn since I only had one bag, and it was still awesome.
1. In a large dutch oven or pot, melt the butter over medium heat.
2. Add the diced onion and cook until softened and translucent. Add the garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds.
3. Stir in the flour to make a thick paste. Allow this to cook for about 1-2 minutes, just to cook the flour.
4. Stir in the salt, pepper and paprika. Pour in the chicken stock. Stir to combine.
5. Add the diced potatoes. Cook for about 10-15 minutes over medium heat.
6. Add in the corn and continue to cook for another 10 minutes, until corn is heated through and the potatoes are fork tender.
7. Turn off the heat and using an immersion blender blend up the soup to desired consistency. I like leaving some chunks of corn and potato in mine. The more you blend the thicker the soup will be. If you don't have an immersion blender, you can remove about half of the soup and blend in a blender, food processor or mixer. Then return to the pot.
8. After soup is blended, add in the ham. Let the soup cook longer to make sure the ham is warmed through.
9. Add in the half and half for a creamy version. If you want to leave it out for a healthier version, it should be fine.
10. Serve soup with a garnish of fresh chives, parsley, shredded cheddar or a dash of fresh ground pepper.
May 09, 2020
May 06, 2020
Hi! I'm Merrie. I'm a lover of lake life and all the styles to go with it. Enjoy shopping through my store and being lakeside with me!